ActionCOACH Franchise versus Going it Alone: Which one is right for you?
You are part of an established support network
When you become an ActionCOACH, you are instantly part of a network of business coaching experts. The training is unparalleled, the ongoing support is unmatched and the access to the library of ActionCOACH’s proven systems and processes will put you ahead of the competition. When you first start your ActionCOACH journey, you will get personal coaching each week. Your coach will mentor will support you on your road to business success, and will be someone to call on when times get tough or if you just need a sounding board.
Access to ActionCOACH’s online platform
As an ActionCOACH you have access to a range of administration tools, learning materials, marketing collateral, tutorials and other systems from the ActionCOACH Online Platform. The innovative platform also enhances your communication and interaction with your clients. You can make contact with your clients, conduct online coaching sessions and track their business goals and performance with them via the dashboard. The first of its kind in the world, this new online coaching portal is designed to allow business owners to set goals, track performance, identify trends and see their growth while elevating contact and communication with their ActionCOACH.
Regular networking sessions and conferences
As an ActionCOACH, you will be invited to forums, conferences, training days and networking sessions. Aligned with an emphasis on continuous learning, ActionCOACH always helps business coaches up-skill and constantly improve themselves.
Becoming part of the ActionCOACH family immediately connects you to a global community of professionally certified experts. . You will also be connected with your own Master Licensee who will work closely with you to get your business up and running quickly. The franchise as well as senior coaches and other business coaches within the franchise become your support network for mentorship, sharing ideas and advice. It is always helpful to have someone with experience to turn to for advice. You would also be encouraged to attend fortnightly team meetings with other coaches in your territory.
When you invest in an ActionCOACH franchise, you can expect credible support with marketing, sales and administration offerings. Franchises often assist with lead generation and referrals which can help you get business lined up. You will have tools and resources at your fingertips to develop a marketing plan and align your budget.
ActionCOACH is a recognised and trusted brand
ActionCOACH is the world’s number one business coaching franchise with more than 25 years of experience. What this means is that as an ActionCOACH, you have the backing of an established organisation with a recognised and trusted brand. Becoming part of a credible business coaching brand could help you attract leads because potential clients will have the assurance of credibility and experience.
On the flipside here are the pros of going at it alone…
- As an independent coach, you will have the freedom to do things your way. You won’t be contractually bound to run your coaching business according to franchise guidelines. You aren’t bound by any rules and terms.
- Although purchasing a franchise can be cheaper in the long run than starting a business from scratch, the initial investment can be high. By going at it alone, your start up costs could be lower and you won’t have to pay any royalties in the future.
- You will have the opportunity to build your own brand and market your business according to your strategy.
- Some franchisors will place restrictions on where you can operate. As an independent business coach, you will be able to target clients wherever you want.
And, here’s the downside of going at it alone…
- You will have to start from scratch, including setting up systems and processes for running your business. You won’t have access to established systems, marketing, sales or admin tools.
- You are responsible for developing your own intellectual property, creating your own marketing collateral, and establishing your own voice.
- You will have to look for networking opportunities such as seminars, conferences and forums.
- You will not have access to a community of coaches or a support network as you would within a franchise.
- You would not have access to networks and contacts for growing your customer base.
- It takes time, resources and know-how to market a business.
Going at it alone can be risky. Although the benefits of a franchise come at a cost, there are fewer associated risks.